July 24, 2007

Monica Badi wants to make a comeback in Bollywood

Former starlet and companion of underworld don Abu Salem, Monica Bedi, has said that she would like to take up acting again.

Monica, who had worked in a few films before her involvement with Salem, said: "I want to return to Bollywood. I would like to continue in films. I have not planned anything yet."

Monica was acquitted on Monday by a Bhopal court in connection with a forged passport case, as police failed to produce adequate witnesses against her.

"It was a big surprise. To be very frank, I had no hope. There was a conspiracy against me. I hadn't expected this," she said.

A case was registered against Bedi in Bhopal for securing a passport with the help of forged documents in the name of Fauzia.

Bedi will however remain in custody until she has sorted out her bail bond with another court in Hyderabad, which her lawyers say should take a few days.

That court had earlier sentenced her to serve five years in jail for a similar offence, but granted her bail, pending an appeal.

Bedi and Abu Salem were extradited from Portugal on November 11, 2005.

No comments: