July 24, 2007

Vista allows US government to spy on you??

Heard at Abandonia forums:

After running Vista for only a few days - with a complete love for the new platform the first sign of trouble erupted. I began noticing latency on my home network connection - so I booted my port sniffing software and networking tools to see what was happening. What I found was foundation shaking. The two images below show graphical depictions of what has and IS trying to connect to my computer even in an idle state;
NOTE;
DoD Network Information Center (Department of Defense)

United Nations Development Program (Seems to correlate to the parent branch of the U.N. Informatics Division)

Halliburton Company (We all know these guys)


I ran traceroutes on the IP’s, and sure enough they came back legit and government owned. I thought this might be exclusive to my system, so I ran over to a friend of mine who upgraded to Vista when it first became available (MICROSOFT FAN BOY! ;P ). After installing monitoring software on his system, the hits it caught on his network were immediate and almost identical in source.
Do you need more inspiration to switch over to Linux or Mac ?If you are not an American, its just a pathetic revelation that a foreign government is spying on every word you say.

No comments: