April 19, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan's Blog - 2nd Day 19 April

To all that came onto my blog - just wish to express my extreme joy at your very enthusiastic responses.

I am still illiterate towards this medium and beg to be excused for any errors or expectations from me. But as time goes by and the systems fall into place, there shall hopefully be a more refined presentation.

What is alarming to me is the number of people that have come on and the logistics of replying to them individually. I will find that perhaps a little insurmountable for the moment. But specific queries and reactions will have to be generalized on a single page. A page somewhat like this which shall attempt to incorporate all the questions and my limited answers.

Some bloggers show interest in my forthcoming films, some on my choices and their extreme reactions to why i did what i did. ‘Bhoothnath’ comes on the 9th of May. A benevolent ghost, very protective of the house he inhabits because of a history of a wrong doing against him, thereby him preventing anyone to come and live there. Until a family with a little boy finds residence in it and how at first he tries to scare them away, but later develops a kind relationship with the little boy, since he is just not prepared to believe he is a ghost but an angel. The child also reminds him of his own grandson, which is part of the back story. Fun and games in the beginning and then an emotional middle and ending with the ghost leaving behind a few values for the little fellow to follow.

There are some messages which harbor on politics, an area i find myself inadequate in, but since this is a platform that is open to and invites reactions, in all fairness i must not obliterate them, even though they are harsh in nature. The subject of the ‘outsiders’ in Mumbai and the comments on recent events, I have substantially answered these in some of my recent interviews and they are there for all to see and read. I do not find any reason to elaborate on them, irrespective of the individuals involved and my own actions taken. That my house was attacked and bottles thrown inside is true. I have video and photographic evidence of it. Police and its high officials have done investigation and reports made. If some feel that this was manipulated they are so wrong. You attribute far too much to my devious acumen. I am afraid i do not possess such attributes. But as i said, this is a free country and everyone has the right to their own speech. If wrong has been done by me, then let the Law of the land prevail. Punish me as it wills. I will not debate it. The questions on my buying land or my farmer status is still sub judis, so i cannot make any comments on that yet. But i shall wait for the judgment to come and whichever way it goes i shall respect the verdict. Jaya walking out of Parliament is also a right of an MP. If there is motive in that, then let the Parliament take action if there is wrong. Amar Singhji is like a family member and his politics or for that matter the politics of Bala Saheb Thakeray or Mr Advani or any other political head, who have friendly and family relations with us, have never been a barrier. They do not interfere in my films, i do not interfere or comment on their politics. Just because Mr Bill Clinton writes to me does not make me a Democrat in the US.

20th April is Abhishek and Aishwary’s 1st wedding anniversary. They are in Miami. He is shooting there for Karan Johar’s ‘Dostana’. On the same day Ram Gopal Varma is having a promo launch for our film ‘Sarkaar Raj’ the sequel to ‘Sarkaar’ at the JW Marriot Hotel ,Juhu,Mumbai. And i think for the first time in film press history here, we shall be getting Abhi-Ash on a video conference during the press meet, so that they can be in Miami but still be a visual interactive part of the function.

I am presently shooting for ‘Aladin’ on a very elaborate set at Mehboob Studios. Doing an action sequence with Sanjay Dutt. I play the genie and Sanju the negative role. Also on the floor is the tentatively titled ‘Shoebite’, which progresses well. I shall inform you of the other projects presently.

IIFA is in Bangkok this year in June, on the 6th7th8th.

The ‘Unforgetable Tour’ is in July August. Lara and Bipasha have opted out for personal reasons. But we now have Akshay Kumar, Preity Zinta, Madhuri Dixit and Shahid on board. They shall perform at specific centers.

And i have just returned after witnessing an incredible show by Shiamak Davar at the NCPA in Mumbai. Oh..what can i say..such a magnificient experience. The singing, the dancing, the colors just so uplifting and joyous. There was an entire spirit of participation from the audience, packed to capacity. But the most moving moment was his emotional tribute to his Mother who came on stage… and…an entire section devoted to physically and mentally challenged children. He dressed them up just like members of his troupe and performed with them and made them an important part of his show. So humane a gesture. And a show with a beautiful message - that if you believe in yourself, nothing is impossible. His show is titled ‘I BELIEVE’

For now this is it. But i shall go through all the messages and make points to respond next.

There is a moderation clause in the blog and i notice that some readers have expressed apprehension. The site has certain conditions it needs to adhere to, in order to respect and maintain the ethics of this medium. I shall of course try and access all messages and attempt to give it its required reaction.

Good night and may you remain always with the Almighty’s blessings..

Amitabh Bachchan

1 comment:

Manju Saxena said...

Hi There
It is nice to see this blog here..Still poundering who is the author...
Regards,
Manju